Console tables are one of the versatile pieces in your home. You can style them with a million different things and they will look great. And during the holidays, the possibilities are endless (can’t wait to show you what I’m doing with mine soon!). But there are a few things I think go well on every console table. I had so much fun putting mine together (thanks for your sweet response about my thrifted table transformation yesterday!). Today I’m showing you how to style a console table.
1) A great mirror. I found mine at a thrift store (more on that coming up next week!) but there are a lot of really great budget-friendly options out there, like the one I selected above.
2) Something that smells good. When someone walks in your home, you want it to smell lovely, right? I have some flowers sitting on mine, but I think candles or a stylish air freshener are great too.
3) Lighting. Lamps can set a nice mood at night, are functional, and also add some great style to your console. If your table is long, I suggest two– one on each side. Mine was rather small, so one worked great. I found mine at Z Gallerie.
4) Somewhere to put keys, mail, and other small items. My console has drawers, but I love a great tray on a console table.
5) A pretty vase. I just like vases. That’s all.
6) An interesting decorative object. I have a large piece of coral on mine (remember where I found it?) and also some cute antique brass ducks.
7) A family photo/personal artwork. This is a must for me because I want my home to look like we actually live here. I think it warms a space up and makes it feel lived in.
And there you have it! A styled console. Of course come the day after Thanksgiving, my entryway will be all Christmas-ified!
Hope you’re all having a wonderful week,